11/06/2006

8th day - Fashion Valley

My mom and I gave my dad one day off. His hobby is 'GO' which is Japanese board game of territorial possession and capture according to Oxford English-English dictionary.
During his stay in San Diego, he was bursting to fight GO, so my partner prepared a GO room for him to play 'GO' game on PS2.

His day started with a cup of coffee at Peet's coffee, swimming in a pool as usual, reading GO magazine at a pool-side table, and then had lunch at Pickup stix (everywhere is within 1 min on foot). After lunch, he came back home, took a nap and played GO. Perfect vacation!

While he was indulging himself, my mom and I went to Fashion Valley mall for shopping. She needed to buy something for my sister and brother in-law.
We bought some clothes at Abercrombie & Fitch. This is very popular even in Japan. Japanese people who started living here go there first and then notice the fact that the most Japanese have similar clothes from this shop. But we still bought some and I believe it should be no problem as souvenirs.

The photo is our lunch at UNO Chicago Grill. My mom said she wanted to eat something like American food, and again, she couldn't stop laughing at the big size of plate of salad.

No comments: