11/15/2006

Click

Adam Sandler is one of my favorite actors. In addition to being a comedian, he is also a singer, a writer and a movie director. I enjoyed 'Wedding Singer' and '50 First Dates' which Drew Barrymore added value to, but all his films are worthwhile and it's difficult to decide which one is the best.

This time, I rented a DVD of his latest movie called 'Click' which was displayed in front of the store all around the register counters conspicuously. My partner watched it on a plane and thought it's the kind of movies I would enjoy watching, so he recommended it too. He is fond of foul language but not in a strong level, and I am fond of uncomplicated comedy movies, and we both love Adam's smart sense of humor.

Here it's a brief.
Michael Newman, played by Adam, has a beautiful wife and two kids. He works hard as an architect and neglects his family. One day, he happened to obtain a remote controller with which everything can be controlled. He started using it and getting the hang of fast-forwarding the annoying part from his life. As he uses it, his life turns to be harsh to him.

After watching the entire movie, I reflected my behavior and somehow regretted just like Adam did in the story. I felt like being grateful to everybody around me.
It's teaching us "family comes first".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rico!
You must rent "Billy Madison" and "Happy Gilmore". They are very funny. A little crude and immature. Spanglish is also very good but it more of a serious side of him. "Punch Drunk Love" is NOT a good movie. Let me know how you like those. Do you like Will Ferrell?

aRio said...

Billy Madison was funny and I clearly remember the face of the bizarre guy who had a “List of people to kill".
I agree with you that the Punch Drunk Love is not a good one. I couldn’t help nodding off and even didn’t try to watch it again.
Happy Gilmore was not released in Japan and so, I didn’t take notice of it. But I'll rent it in a few days.
Why are you asking about Will Ferrell? I've never thought of him as my favorite or not. Do you have any recommendations?