12/10/2006

Farewell :(

I don't have a gregarious nature.
Although this may be skeptical to those who conceive I hit it off right after meeting friends, my partner especially believes so, this is not true. I'm not very bad at seemingly socializing at a party, but it's not necessarily that I am an open-book and feeling at ease. In addition, I have to admit that living in a small community where the number of Japanese can be easily counted is not an easy job. I tend to be reserved, humble person and sometimes cannot show my own self. It doesn't mean I'm trying to be someone else. Don't get me wrong...

Under this circumstances, I made some good friends here and as I wrote about her a week ago, a good Korean friend of mine has left San Diego today.

We first met at ESL school this summer and started seeing each other periodically.
The fact that we both were neither too presumptuous nor too shy (I guess) might be the reason for hitting it off. We liked to share our similar experience caused by not manipulating perfect English, and also liked to talk about advantage and disadvantage of living in the US as a foreigner, and of course liked to talk about an interesting fact or culture differences of our countries.

Last Friday, she treated me to a chinese lunch at P.F. CHANG'S and we chatted a lot as if time continue forever. It was a great time :)
Since she will be coming back to Denver in a month, we will be able to share our further experience over the internet but I truly felt lonesome.
I with her all the best :)

No comments: