1/22/2007

Muscular pain :(

In San Diego, I seldom have an opportunity to walk unless I try to find it. Driving all the time everywhere is considered as a matter of course, and people cannot survive without cars.
Not since I moved here have I walked other than going to the nearby supermarket which is one minute distance away by foot, or shopping around in a mall.
Moreover, I noticed lately I myself had been even trying to avert walk by dropping by the supermarket on the way driving back home. This situation is extremely insalubrious for the body and it will eventually make me stout.

Therefore, in order to maintain my health and prevent myself from gaining weight, I started taking a tennis class again. This time, it is an intermediate level with the same instructor from the previous beginner class, for two hours on Saturday.
I was worried a little bit if I could keep up with other students, for it was overt I was a beginner. But it turned out to be okay on the first day, anyway.
Since tennis courts are almost always available and San Diego’s perfect weather permits, tennis has become a part of my life. Though this day's excercise lasted more than 3 hours (1.5-hour rally with friends and 2-hour class), it is not something I want to do intensively but something I want to continue little by little as long as my body allows.

No comments: