4/15/2007

One year anniversary♪

One year has elapsed since I arrived at San Diego with a lot of anxiety and a few of courage. Ah...time flies!!

Among friends, who moved to San Diego at the same timing and have attended in the same ESL class as mine, the topic often goes to English. We are always concerned about how little our speaking skill has been improved and how it's humiliating to say.
One thing I've noticed recently is that if one can speak his own language and has a fundamental knowledge and a bunch of opinions, this person tends to be a good English speaker depending on his attempt.
On the other hand, the person who does not have any opinion to convey or insist, as I am, often suffers from difficulty in improving English speaking skill and ends up not mastering it. It is the contents that counts, not the superficial techniques.

Anyway, I managed to survive my first year, and I thank all my friends for being with me and giving their hand whenever I needed. I also thank my partner here (even though he does not know of this blog...) for giving me this great opportunity to live in the U.S.
I hope my second year to be more fruitful days :)

2 comments:

JUDY said...

Dear rico!
Cheer up! You've been doing so well. If you continuously make an effort the way you've done up to now, you would be better and better. Eventually, you are the best. ^ ^

I hope your second year is full of something blast and great.

Let's move forward!

aRio said...

Hi judy!! Thank you for cheering me up!
I needed a little break. But now I'm back and I will try my best to get a sense of fulfillment!

How's it going in Colorado? I see you enjoying yourself in your blog :)

Here in San Diego, a little bit chilly and overcast day is still continueing :(