5/29/2007

Lunch @Auberge du Soleil in Napa - May 27

The bride and groom gave us not only an opportunity to attend the American style wedding but a good excuse to celebrate our own 8th wedding anniversary in Napa.

The next day, we rented a car and drove up to Napa valley. My only purpose to visit Napa was the restaurant called "Auberge du Soleil". I fell in love with this place when I visited about 4 years ago. We unfortunately cannot afford to stay there, but only having lunch in the terrace seat didn't make us broke.

This calm and peaceful place enabled us to feel like we were in paradise. Looking down at the wide spread vine yard from the hillside and sipping a glass of champagne, I was actually in an illusion as if I was not alive. This is such a restful and cosy place, and I cannot help but have a dream to stay there before returning Japan.

No comments: