6/03/2007

from Zion to Yellowstone - June 3rd





- Zion -
Court of the Patriarches



Looking the Court of Patriarches lastly, we headed for Yellowstone. It resulted 10-hour driving. Salt Lake City is an only big city between Zion and Yellowstone (it was not actually big, though), and other than that, ranches stretched on both sides of I-15 as far as we were able to see.
FYI, the left hand side of the photo is the scenery of a ranch a bit north of Salt Lake City and the right hand side is of the desert area near Las Vegas. The surface of the mountain suddenly changes when we come near Salt Lake City. Can you see the big difference?

We were warmly welcomed by the herd of bisons right after getting entrance of Yellowstone. We did not know by then that it was not allowed to approach within 70 feet, so my partner excitingly got out of the car and greedily took a picture of bisons. It is said that bison is the most dangerous animal in the park since, though they are wild animals, they look passive and quiet that incline people come close to them without knowing their huge power. I was truly relieved afterwards that nothing had happened to my partner.

It was after sunset (9pm) that we arrived at our Mammoth Hot Springs Hotel in the park. On the way, we were also able to observe the Mule deer's dinner time.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! I went there exact same time but last year! hmmm I miss it and wow! you drove that long??
next time I hope you can try mexico!
you really are enjoying staying there arent you? so nice experience!

aRio said...

Thanks for your comment!

Did you visit Zion or Yellowstone? I liked both of them. They have completely different faces. Since I missed to see gray wolves, I want to visit Yellowstone again if I have any chance :)