8/13/2007

Afternoon tea in America

I'm a coffee person, yet it does not mean that I cannot enjoy a good cup of tea. But I never expected to have afternoon tea in San Diego; yes, there is a few restaurants where serve good tea.

Three of my good friends and I visited TEA-UPON-CHATSWORTH the other day. Since I've never been to the UK, I cannot tell the difference from the traditional British tea, and only I can give is the comparison between this restaurant and my meager afternoon tea experience in Japan.
The service here was great and their indoor ornament was just like what we usually imagine about. Their tea was selective from the ample choice. We were able to relax and chatted to our heart's content. Sounds like everything was perfect!
But unfortunately, the scone and sweets were a bit too sweet and it brought us back to reality. We are in America!

No comments: