10/04/2006

Chit chat

I thought this day was almost over after my friends and their kids left my house around 5:30pm, but I was wrong. It was just in the middle of the day. Out of the blue, I was invited over for dinner from a friend of mine (aka my teacher).
She proposed I come over her house to have dinner together if I don't mind their Middle Eastern food. Of course I don't! She knew I was alone tonight and she's such a sweet woman. In addition, my partner must be eating Ramen, Sushi, Yakiniku and ummm Tenpura or anything else he loves in Japan using this opportunity of his business trip. I didn't hesitate to say YES.


Tonight she had a company who worked in the same field as her as a realtor, and these two's dialogue was interesting... They seemed to hope to make a killing as a realtor.
Anyway, we talked a lot over dinner. Then we, three women from different countries, watched a movie on TV eating cheese cake from Marie Callender's after her kids went to bed. The movie was 'Meet the Parents'.
One thing I realized was that they were just like us, I mean Japanese women. I thought Middle Eastern women were somehow shy and reserved kind of people. But they were not!! Is this because they have lived here more than 30 years? I don't know... They sat back on a sofe with their legs on a coffee table and laughed aloud, and our funny bone was just same :)

I managed to come back home by the end of the day hoping my partner didn't
call me.

No comments: