10/01/2006

Tennis & Practical English training

Since I've been posting only about restaurant for past few days, I will change the direction today.
From the fall semester, I've been attending a tennis class belonged to an adult school with my partner. The class is every Saturday and we finished 4 classes out of 10 so far. I will touch on it sometime later.

And today, some of the students from the class, maybe around 4 people including me, were supposed to gather at a tennis court attached to one of the students' condo. My partner wasn't able to join it, for he left for Japan today on his business trip, but I did join it after seeing him off in the early morning. However, the member who made it was only the guy living in that condo and myself. The person who strongly wanted to practice and suggested this get-together didn't show up, and didn't even call him. Why? Isn't it impolite as an adult in this culture? I don't think so, though...

Anyway, after waiting for the others show up (they finally didn't come) for an hour on the street gabbing, we started hitting a ball against a wall and began a rally on the court. We trained ourselves for 2 hours including 2 short breaks and it was a blast! I realized that practicing with someone who you barely know of was not too bad. You try to be courteous and cannot show the white feather even though you are exhausted...
Thanks to this exercise, I could satisfy my hanger with Haagen-Dazs and took a long nap after a shower.
Thank you 'J', you made my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi..It's Mikyong. You seem to have a good time practicing Tennis and testing wonderful foods. I also played golf with my fellows at the Mission bay golf course last week.
Since I am just on borad of the golf world, my score is so terrible. Nevertheless, I could be an able golfer eventually on condition of continuing to practice.^^ Anyway, the clock just passed the midnight. I feel heavy all over body. Ganna sleep. Happy that you are doing well. See you on this coming Thursday! Bye.

aRio said...

Hi Mikyong!! Thank you always for your comment :)
Yes, you are correct. Practice makes perfect! Keep going one step at a time ;)

Btw, one of the reasons I started tennis is to stay healthy, but the reason varies among individuals.
I didn't miss that one American woman who is in her late 40s or 50s from the tennis class mumbled, "This class works. At least, I cannot eat anything during this two hours."