11/04/2006

6th day - Free time & Carlsbad outlet mall

Attending a tennis class Saturday morning, I decided to leave my parents alone. My dad's morning routine is to have a cup of coffee at nearby Peet's coffee and to go to a pool in our community. He looked happier when he was swimming in a pool than doing anything else.

My mom likes to take a walk around my house seeing plants and flowers. She poured water with watering pot over plants around my townhouse (but still common area). It's not required actually because controlled sprinklers water periodically. Everybody knows it, so my neighborhood must have wondered at her behavior ^^;  Anyway, they seemed to have enjoyed their free time!

In the afternoon, I took them to the outlet mall in Carlsbad for shopping, then to Costco to show them how everything is big, and also to buy some chocolate box. A little bird told me that the chocolate from Costco is delectable plarine just like Belgian chocolate. It was not a very delicate flavor, but pretty good for the price :)
One of the food I wanted my parents to try was Vietnamese. They can eat it in Japan of course, but it's different. The restaurant in Japan is neat and the customers are Japanese. Here it's more like the restaurant in Vietnam. Vietnamese waiters serve dishes with plenty of fresh leaves and most of the customers are Vietnamese family. We can feel authentic Vietnam.

No comments: