3/22/2007

Burgers

Here in San Diego, we have a plentiful choice of ethnic restaurants thanks to the variety of races, but when it comes to the American food restaurant, what I hit on is only hamburger shops. People might say a steak house should come first, but the American-sized steak hampers me from being a repeater of any steak restaurants. The hamburger, on the other hand, is somehow digestible for me and only imaging burgers instigates my voracious appetite.

The burger shops could be split up into 3 categories. The first one is so-called a "fast food restaurant" represented by Mac Donald, Jack In The Box and Burger King. The second is a bit upgraded "fast operated restaurant". The Fuddrucker would be put in here. The last one is an "ordinary restaurant" where hamburger is to be served with wide variety of side dishes. Islands should be categorized here.
Here is my favorite from each category.

1. In-N-Out
Very cheap but the taste is not bad compared to others.
There are several secret menu. Here is the detail.

2. Fuddruckers
French Fries are yummy & crispy.
We order how the meat should be done, and the vegetable and the sauce are self-services.

3. Hamburger Factory Old Poway Park
The ambience develops an illusion as if we were in an old American days.
Located in the park and so family-oriented restaurant.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Rico,
You and your partner must try Hodad's in Ocean Beach. It is a little grungy. The "waiters" all have tattoos and multiple holes in their bodies but the burgers and fries are delicious. Afterwards, you will be so full that you can take a nice walk on the OB Pier to work off some of what you just ate. Let me know how it goes. I believe it is on Newport Ave.

aRio said...

It sounds nice!
I found their photo of the shop and burgers/fries. It looked my favorite type of fries and I'm sure I'll be there in a few days :)
Thanks for the attractive information!

JUDY said...

Dear rico
Thanks for a good source. Very useful.

After school, I am going to fuddruckers with my son.

aRio said...

Hi judy,
Are there Fuddruckers in you place??
You should try the smallest burger which comes with 1/3 lb of meat :)