3/21/2007

Fishing #2

Fishing seems to be an addictive sport that easily make us return to the ocean.
Last Sunday, we headed for another fishing with my partner, some of my friends and their husbands. This time, more than 40 anglers were on board attended by 4 clues.

Though the reason was unknown, the clues ran into difficulty in discovering the school of fish with their detector and we were forced to move the spot several times. It caused us, particularly me, terrible sea sick and I threw up on the way and way back :(

Fortunately, my partner caught a fairy big rock cod (left) at the very first stage and it made me feel relieved since I didn't want him to loathe fishing just because of no fish.
After about one hour went by, we encountered a large number of giant squid and I was one of the lucky persons who got a huge squid. When I first felt the gravity at the edge of my tackle, I supposed it was a big fish. Having entered myself for the jack pot, a big expectation crossed my mind. Too bad, the squid could not be counted for the jack pot.
Moreover, I totally forgot to take a picture of that giant squid before cutting it. Its height was almost 1 meter and eye ball looked grotesque with the size of my fist. I should have kept it in the picture.
Any way, it should be yummy if I cook up calamari fries with it. I'm sure it's impracticable to make calamari rings from this size of squid :)

After the fishing, we all got together for dinner at one of my friend's house and ate today's fish as sashimi (excluding squid). The taste was beyond words♪

The catch was a bit low and the weather was not ideal, yet it incited us to the next fishing.

No comments: