3/06/2007

Girl's Festival * Hina-Matsuri

It's been a while since I last came here(my own blog though)...
I'm becoming more and more a procrastinator lately with an excuse for being busy :(
There was a flood of events these days, or more specifically, a birthday lunch, a farewell party, a girl's festival (Hina-Matsuri), doctor & dental appointments etc etc. in addition to the daily ESL class.

Okay, I will mention only the girl's festival (Hina-Matsuri) here.
Last Saturday, my partner and I were invited for a Hina-Matsuri lunch party at my friend's house.
For those who haven't heard of Hina-Matsuri...we Japanese celebrate girls on March 3rd hoping their growth and decorating a set of dolls representing Emperor, Empress and their many attendants. This is not a national holiday, and so the celebration is usually held only at their own family.

This time, my friend who has a 6-year-old girl invited two families including us to celebrate the girl. They prepared Temaki-Zushi (roll-your-own Sushi) and many more dishes. Despite the occasion was girl's festival, children went upstairs as soon as they ate up and romped around by themselves indefatigably without disturbing us, which made us enjoy our adults time with bottles of champagne and wine. It was a blast :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ran across your site and enjoyed it very much.

aRio said...

Thanks a lot! I also enjoyed your acute observation in your blog.