2/27/2007

America's Next Top Model

Yesterday, I took a respite from the ESL class by indulging myself watching a favorite TV program called "America's Next Top Model."
This reality show is not as much popular as "American Idle", but is still pretty voguish.
The show is led by super model Tyra Banks who also plays a part in producing. And each season starts with around 12 contestants who are supposed to expose themselves in public by coming through with Tyra's letters requesting dancing, interviewing, acting, gesturing, photoshooting, etc. to show their competents in all aspects to become a top model.
The contestants are eliminated by judging panel until the last one wins a prize. Since a contestant is force to leave per episode, each cycle is composed by about 12 times. I recorded all episode of 7th cycle and watched them all spending all day (sometimes fast-forwarding). I know this sounds a bit nuts, but after having lost my vigor from a hard activity (tennis & bicycling) over the weekend, my torpor was so irresistible that all I wanted to do was becoming a sofa spud.
The contestants look beyond a human being with their overwhelmingly long legs and small head, but it is not bad to observe these beautifuls suffer, fight, and sometimes burst into tears. Their alluring features are a sight for sore eyes.

5 comments:

JUDY said...

Dear Rico!
American TV seems the Heaven of a bunch of reality shows.

I remember watching one of series last year. The winner at the final round was very tomboyish, black woman. She was so stunned because she never dreamed of getting the first prize. To b e honest, neither did I.

I thought the contest was not likely to be easygoing,in particular, to the African American woman.
Anyway, the result had reversed,and it made the show much more fun. ^^

aRio said...

Hi judy, thanks for your comment!!

These contestants themselves are always serious to aquire the small chance, but for me, I just need to sit back and watch this sort of levity to relax in my living room :)

By the way, did you see the movie "Little Miss Sunshine"? This would be a bit off the topic since it's a road movie and nothing to do with an "America's Next Top Model". It's about a little girl who got a chance to attend a beauty pageant final. It's a funny but a stirring story, and I believe you can see it with your kids :)

JUDY said...

Little miss sunshine. It sounds a delightful and touching movie.

My son has been on state exam since this week. Oh~ test!

This weekend, we are going to enjoy the movie, Little Miss Sunshine. Thanks.

JUDY said...

Dear rico
Last Saturday, I went to COSTCO to shop and got the DVD, "Little Miss Sunshine".

This morning, I watched it with my husband. It was comic and touching. I am thinking of getting through the movie one more time without caption.

And, I have a question about the sitcom, Sex and City. How many series come out? I though 6th was the last story, wan't it?

The male charater starring a "No give up" father in Miss Sunshine is a husband of Samada, a main character of Sex and City. Right?

aRio said...

Hi judy!!
Yes, the season 6 is the final of "Sex and the City" and it reached the climax of the story. I think all of these 4 women transformed themselves into beautiful and sage ladies, and furthermore, their dresses were stunning in the last season.

Regarding the father in little miss sunshine, I don't know who's spouse he is.
The husband of Samantha means her husband in a real life? Samantha did not get married in the drama... and the actor Greg Kinnear did not appear in the drama either...So maybe a different guy?