2/22/2007

The Pursuit of Happyness

The ayes and noes seemed to be divided on this movie, but I would say this is such a good one that I couldn't help being moved to tears.

This movie is based on a true story of Christopher Gardner(Will Smith), a broke guy who struggled to make ends meet and was forced to spend night at a homeless shelter with his adorable son, but ended up succeeding at a stock brokerage business. The fact that Will's real son starred as Gardner's son enriched this movie.

I love this kind of rags-to-riches stories. These leading characters are always smart by nature which means, however I make massive effort, I cannot be one of those. Yet at least I can enjoy vicarious pleasure.
'Erin Brockovich' and 'Good Will Hunting' were the movies I watched over and over again, and this one is also added to my must-see movie list.

But if I could request a supplement to it, I want to peep more into Gardner's life after getting the position at the company.

No comments: