5/24/2007

May Gray & June Gloom

It's been chilly days lately and we cannot help but grab a jacket every morning.

During May and June in California, the overcast sky is expected to dominate almost all day and it seems to be a typical climate called "May Gray" and "June Gloom". We wake up in the dismal morning and it continues till afternoon; besides, the rain is likely to fall, but most of the cases, no rain comes down. Sometimes the sun emerges late afternoon, but next morning, however, it starts again with dark sky.

I clearly remember how much I was impressed last year to see the constant weather of May and June, and then the other type of constant weather, the "perfect blue sky" came out as soon as June Gloom had gone and it stably continued for months.

By the way, I finally registered myself in Spanish course in the summer semester at the college I go everyday for an ESL class. My lack of any certification of Spanish language led me to a class of novice level. But considering the blank I haven't studied it, I believe it will be advantageous for me to review all the grammar for the short period of time during Summer. The class starts on Jun 20 and ends Aug 1, Monday through Thursday, 3 hours a day. Unlike ESL classes in the U.S., we require to pay tuition fee when we study most of the other languages. Even though the tuition fee is for a song, I need to buckle down to the class. I won't be able to play hooky.

I hope, until then, June Gloom will be gone and the glaring sun will bring me "Latin mood" for the fresh season.

No comments: