8/29/2007

New semester

Today, my first English class at college started. As I expected, all the students except probably three of us sounded native speakers. I thought I had been prepared to jump into that situation, but it is not an easy-going Spanish class I took this summer (and am taking fall too), and it is an all English class composed of English speaking people. I was extremely nervous when I first rushed into the room.

For one reason, one of my Japanese friends gave me a bit of information about the same class of another professor, and she said she would be dropping it because of the difficulty of all the assignments she needed to do inside & outside the class.

Fortunately, my professor who I met for the first time today and came across as a considerate and cheerful lady mitigated my concerns a little bit. Moreover, my ESL teacher whom I learned from for two semesters told me, in replying to my email message, that she knew my new teacher very, very well. It is so auspicious that I cannot help continuing the class ;)
Just wish me luck!

No comments: