9/17/2007

Emmy Awards After Party @ Les Deux

Something exciting happened to me. My partner and I were invited to TV guide Emmy Awards after party in Hollywood. We never attended this sort of luxury party and did not know what it would be like. The dress code was black tie 'optional' for men and evening dress for ladies. The word 'optional' was tricky because it puzzled my partner over a suit he would wear. Tuxedo or normal suit? He had a new tux that seemed not to have any other chances to appear if he skips this time, but it might be too much for him and only the Emmy awarded people might wear tux. Feeling perplexed, he decided to dress in tux. As for me, I wore a light green knee length one-piece dress, which I thought was okay for this occasion.

After having dinner with a host couple, we headed for the party venue, Les Deux at around 10 pm when celebrities were supposed to arrive after Emmy Award. Along the Hollywood blvd, the fans and the passengers flocked and some of them mistakenly gazed at us as though they found celebrities. It was not bad to pass the entrance of the restaurant where Paris Hilton or Britney Spears used to hit it up.

As soon as we got in, I found John Pyper-Ferguson from my favorite show "Brothers and Sisters", and I was so thrilled that I could not help but looked him up and down. But no one with me was familiar with him or the show. Since we were still on the red carpet, I hesitated to show my enthusiasm to ask him for a picture with me, but later on, a huge regret gripped me. I should have taken a pic with him or of him. He was, in a word, "too cool." Oops, it is 'two' words.

While strolling in the terrace, someone unexpectedly grabbed my partner's hand and shouted, "congratulations!" He mistook my partner probably with Masi Oka.

A while later, the Grammy Award winner, John Legend performed live with soulful voice followed by the "Band from TV" in which James Denton (Mike in Desperate Housewives) played guitar. 'Mike' is a good-looking guy, but frankly, his singing was not for the musician's, to say the least.

Although I caught some of the familiar faces including Simon Cowell from American Idol, I seem to have missed a lot of actors/actresses in the party. Maybe I should have waited for them at the entrance in order to catch all of them.

Anyhow, what a colorful party it was! The gorgeous people drank, relaxed, danced, and enjoyed in their own way. For the first time in my life, I saw so many beautiful and sculptural people at once. It was an improbable and a superb experience that I would not be able to have again.

No comments: