6/16/2008

Baby shower

Unlike in Japan, Americans celebrate an expectant woman or an expectant couple before the baby is born. Trying to assimilate their culture, some of my friends and I had a baby shower last Sunday for a friend whose due date is July 6th. On the right hand side of the photo is the diaper cake my friend and I made with diapers for a newborn baby.
As an entertainment, we played some game. One of them is a diaper game. My friend prepared the diapers with various brand of chocolate spread out on it to imitate baby's poop, and all of us tried to discern which one is which by checking the color or smelling each chocolate. Being chocoholic, I got first prize. Moreover, my friend prepared a cake and hid a bizarre tiny figure of baby in it. The one who got the piece of cake with the baby figure will win a prize. Again, I got that prize too. I hope my fortune was not worn out only for it.


This time, the party was held at my friend's house, but last December, we had another surprising party at my house.

No comments: