6/17/2008

US Open Golf 2008

The U.S. Open Golf championship was held at Torrey Pines golf course in La Jolla. It is a beautiful course sitting on the cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Luckily, I happened to have a chance to observe the playoff, Tiger Woods v.s. Rocco Mediate with my friend. Though it usually takes only about 15 minutes by car from my house to Torrey Pines, it took me more than one hour to carpool and get there since all the nearby parking lots were closed and the only way we could take was to go to Qualcomm stadium, the designated parking area 30 minutes from my house, and then take a shuttle bus for 30 minutes. Anyway, we made it. Barely could we arrive and see Tiger teed off. Tiger seemed to have a perfect figure, like dummy, and had a much smaller face than I imagined. Maybe it is his height and big arms that made his face look compact.

Give the tickets the night before, both of my friend and I had another appointment by noon. Therefore, we targeted the place to see Tiger and waited for him at the green on the second hole. The silence added up more tension around the green and it bursted into applause as he successfully putted. It was worth coming even for a glance at Tiger.

Moreover, this event turned out to be an unforgettable event for me. My friend was going to leave San Diego for good the next day for her country, Korea. This was the last chance to see each other, so she came with me, putting her packing aside on the condition that we would spend only an hour in Torrey Pines. Thank you for coming. Not only today's event but also everytime I spent with you, did I enjoy myself. I hope your life in Korea will be going well and we can meet up in Seoul or Tokyo again.

No comments: