2/19/2007

Mexico as a bait

Mexico is just across the border and it takes only approx. 40 min. from my house. However, the city Tijuana which stands on the US-Mexico border is notrious for crimes germane to smugglings, burglars or even homicides and is considered precarious district even for tourists. My partner's company also warned the employees against visiting there unless it's required on business, yet many people cannot abstain from it and often go across the border.

Learned Spanish language a little bit in my 20's and enjoyed a travel to a few cites in Mexico, I can't deter myself from longing for a Mexico trip again. Despite my repeated appeal, my partner, however, had not agreed to across the border with me until recently.
Luckily he changed his mind after getting to know that this coming April, a large scale of fun bicycle ride will be held between Rosarito and Ensenada in Baja California.

Hoping to attend this fun ride, I rode a bike as a start of training. My partner and I went through SR-56 west to Del Mar beach, and headed for north till Cardiff, then came back home through Rancho Santa Fe. It was 4-hour ride including some breaks and it's too hard for me. We should have driven to the beach first and then ridden a bycicle only alongside of the ocean.
I was almost dead when I arrived at home, and my exhaution didn't dissipate until last night. But it was good that I came to know I need more training....

No comments: