2/18/2007

Thanks to JAPAN

Last November, I met a guy at a nearby cafe. While I was sipping a cup of coffee alone and writing something on my notebook, he initiated a conversation with me. Started with his platitude small talk such as "are you Japanese?" or "how long have you been here?", we further talked a lot about Japan and any other subjects in common to both of us. It seemed that I looked Japanese from my handwriting. Even though it was English words, my way of meticulous writing gave him the clue.
At the very end of the schmooze, I've come to know that he was living in the wealthy gated community up on the hill, which comprises 'so-called' mansions overlooking a golf course, tennis courts, a restaurant and all that their community offered. Yes, it's all-inclusive!
The other day, he invited me and my husband over dinner to introduce to his family. And their house was just wow! It had a paradise-like view which includes the ocean far to the west,.This is not my property and so it's a shame that I can't post the picture on this page. But anyway, they all are fond of JAPAN. Their kids are learning Japanese and are anime fans, the father (the guy himself) worked at Japanese Company before, and the mother spent 3 years in Japan in her childhood. They all (except a daughter) have some connection to Japan. There was a legitimate reason he talked to me !!

No comments: